Handbags are fashion accessories that have created an array of styles and materials (waterproof canvas, space age synthetics, and faux reptile skins) for every woman in any part of the world. It has been an inevitable part of a woman’s life – be it a teenager who wants to be glamorous and stylish chic or just a plain housewife who wants to go shopping in the mall.
The rise of the handbags can be traced back as far as the 19th century. Earlier centuries have embraced the evolution of handbags from the Girdle pouches of the14th & 15th century. This was followed by the Pockets and Swete Bagges of the 16th & 17th century. Then there was the revolt against underwear and pockets in the 18th century. And in the 19th century, the advent of the railroad was the beginning of turning the idea of handbags into people’s lifestyle.
Technological and societal changes have been a great influence in the handbag’s history. The development of the transportation system has increased people’s mobility and with this occurrence, professional luggage makers have to diversify their product from horse-travel luggage into train-travel luggage thus the handbag term was coined. In fact, two of the top designers started as luggage makers: Thierry Hermes who was a harness and saddle maker and Louis Vuitton who was a luggage packer for the Parisian rich. This was in contrast to the notion that handbags were made out of purses and pouches which were really produced by dressmakers.
Fashion gurus have regarded handbags as ancient, symbolic, and indispensable. It is considered as a simple expression of the times and of the individual’s needs, tastes and status symbol. This is one reason why e-Bay has never failed to show a handful of designer handbags in their auction site. More and more people are getting into the buying and selling handbags from the most expensive, classic hard-to-find to very trendy and yet cheap wholesale handbags.
For 2009, here is a list of the top 10 most popular handbags that can be placed in a buyer’s cart :
1. Dr. Q Lil’ Riz Hobo (Marc by Marc Jacobs) handbag is made out of grape leather, silver tone hardware with top handle. Its belt is detailed with hexagonal studs.
2. Speedy 35 (Louis Vuitton or LV) is a limited edition monogramouflage handbag made of PVC and cotton with natural cowhide trim. It has a black jute canvas, aged gold hardware and cotton lining.
3. Medium Gold Matrioska Tote (Fendi) has double shoulder straps with metallic grained leather.
4. Eva clutch (LV) is made of monogram canvas with natural cowhide leather trim, textile ling, golden brass hardware, top zip closure, and removable strap.
5. Galliera PM (LV) handbag is made of monogram canvas with natural cowhide trimming, golden hardware, and magnetic closure. The inside has a flap pocket with press stud closure, internal d ring, adjustable strap, and golden LV plaque.
6. Blue Jean Hermes Birkin (Hermes) handbag is made of Togo leather and palladium hardware.
7. Watercolor Speedy 35 (LV) handbag is made of monogram watercolor canvas, natural cowhide trims, golden hardware, zip closure, and a padlock engraved LV.
8. Arena City (Balenciaga) handbag is made from 100% leather with double top handles, top zip closure, long shoulder strap, silver studs, throughout, and front zip pocket.
9. Horsebit Nail small Boston handbag (Gucci) has double handles. It is made from beige/ebony crystal GG fabric with brown leather trim and light gold hardware.
10. Lindsay Vintage Shopper (Coach) handbag is made from shiny gaucho leather with lightweight nappa leather trim, turn lock closure and two small zip pockets, outside back pocket with zip closure, double zip-top closure, and fabric lining.
You can sell this by buying from cheap wholesale drop shippers at Salehoo. From their list, you can check out wholesale suppliers, distributors or drop shippers. When you combine Salehoo, wholesale, and drop ship in your retail business you sure have a long way to go. Salehoo has been a popular website directory because of its wide source of suppliers who offers quality products at competitive prices. You may even do some shopping of these handbags for yourself.
If you are new to drop shipping, it is a widely used strategy of sellers. Although there have been scams in this kind of business, most e-Bay power sellers have used this type of tool. Why? It saves them time, money and space. It gives them more leisure time for themselves and they get to purchase these handbags from the drop shippers only if there is a sure buyer already. There is minimal risk as you have minimal cash outlay. These designer handbags may be pretty expensive so drop shipping is a way to start with minimal capital!