The Hermes Birkin Handbag is what some would call a must have handbag. The Hermes Birkin has become an icon of ultimate luxury and discovering how to purchase a Hermes Birkin Handbag can become an obsession for some. The Birkin has been seen in the company of the women of British Footballers as well as on popular TV shows such as Sex in the City and Gilmore Girls among many others. The problem with the handbags is that they are very elusive and hard to get making the purchase of a Hermes Birkin Handbag very difficult.
The Hermes Birkin Handbag is made of only the top exotic leather lined with a very soft and supple matching color goat skin. The hardware on the Hermes Birkin Handbag is made of top quality materials typically plated with gold or palladium which does not tarnish like silver does. One alligator leather Hermes Birkin Handbag with diamond studded hardware was purchased for a record $64,000 plus at an auction.
One key to the purchase of a Hermes Birkin Handbag is to make sure what you are buying is an authentic Birkin. Because of the high price and scarcity of the Hermes Birkin Handbag there has been significant counterfeits or “knock-offs” produced and passed off as authentic Birkins. Look for some of these characteristics before you purchase a Hermes Birkin Handbag:
- A Hermes Birkin many times increases in value and you will not find many sold for a low price. Any handbag claiming to be a Birkin that sells for less than 50% of its original value may be a fake.
- “Hermes Paris, Made in France” will be blind stamped or gilted in the front face under the tap.
- Always remember that Hermes only uses top quality leather and never cheap stuff. Learn the difference between look and feel of genuine quality leather and junk leather. There is a huge difference in them.
- These handbags are handcrafted by skilled craftsmen and it shows in the quality of the handbag. A Hermes Birkin Handbag will have even stitching and it will be straight.
- The craftsman also marks and dates the year of manufacture in a square underneath of the right belt. Always make sure that the year of manufacture lines up with the history and condition of the handbag.
Be careful when you purchase a Hermes Birkin Handbag and do your homework so that you do not get ripped off by a look alike.